Wednesday 15 June 2011

TRYING TO GET MYSELF TOGETHER

Piano at the Victoria and Albert Museum!!


First before I start, I would like to thank all of those who read my first Blog! Even though my comments were on my Facebook page *cough cough*, I am thankful for the ones that I did receive. Thanks for taking the time and reading it! I'll make sure to keep you entertained, making up for those missing episodes of Days of Our Lives (or whatever you watch).


I would also like to give a shout out to MY FIRST FOLLOWER!! PRECIOUS RIDEOUT!! Thanks for the support sis - It means a lot to me!!

Today's officially my 2nd week in London and I'm still happy that I came. As I go through all my friends and family on their Facebook pages, I realize how much I miss everyone. Everyone of you has been there for me no matter what and I makes me appreciate everything more. For many of years, most of you have supported me even if it was just words of encouragement, lending a helping hand, or just being the one who believed I could do all things I wanted. I've also realized that nothing is worth loosing a friend over. A "true friend", that is..
Yesterday, my youngest sister graduated High School! I am so proud of you her! My little sister is so amazing (when she wants to). Here's a picture of her, my mother and her father!! *all smiles*


Finally understanding my way on the Under/Overground (the Trains), I find myself leaving during my free time to explore! Like always, my room mate is the best partner to go with. Last week we ended up waking up at 8 (which is midnight in Vegas, 3am in Boston) to start the day. First Stop, Crepes. I ended up eating a Strawberries and Creme Crepe, which was awesome *fat voice*. The next stop was the Victoria & Albert Museum, which was full of art, jewerlly (how British spell it), sculptures, clothes and so much more. I can honestly say that I was bored and ready to go 20 minutes after I got there. I took pictures, walked around and convinced my room mate to go to the mall with me. 


Regent Street is suppose to be the largest mall in a European city with everything you could find here. Basically its an outside mall like the Premium Outlets (in Vegas). I ended up finding a lot interesting things. Flats, shirts, and pants that don't fit because of my "butt" was too big. For those who really know me understands why I put the quotations around my "butt". It's because that has never happened to me in life! But when I finally found some jeans that I loved, I was so upset because my "butt" was the problem!


After shopping, one of my flatmates met with us to eat Indian Food. Being the "adventurous" girl that I tell everyone that I am, I tried it for the first time! Being cautious and asking for water, I finally took a bite and realized it wasn't so bad. I can't tell you what exactly that I had, because all I can say is Lamb. But you have to understand that I could barely understand what the menu said for water. 


It's funny because since I been here, there has only been TWO restaurants that I enjoyed. The food here is HORRIBLE so I spend most of my time at the corner/grocery store finding something to cook and eat!! Keeping that in mind, you can email me anytime to send me care-baskets! I'll make sure to send you a list! (laughing).


I'm still trying to get everything together! Especially not enjoying my food as much. I bought a half of loaf of wheat bread three days ago, and when I woke up to make my lunch for my intern, my bread was MOLDED!! Does this mean I have to eat all of my bread and milk as soon as I get it? Or if you were my grandmother, she would make me make a bread pudding!! ewwwwww!!!
Guess how much money this is??? Answer will be at the bottom on the Blog!!


I could never understand why foreigners had trouble understanding our money until I was at the corner store the other day. I went to buy Ice Cream and Pizza! Then suddenly, it started raining (like always) and I couldn't find my umbrella. So I went back in the store to buy one and decided to get rid of all this change I was carrying around. So looking in my wallet, I started counting what I had available. I had over 50 coins and almost 100 pounds (about 70 US dollars). The money out here is so backwards!! A Pound (A dollar) is about the size of a nickel. It is gold and thick with the Queens face on it. Then they have Two Pounds (2 dollars), 50p (50cents), 20p (20c), 10p (10c), 2p (2c), 1p (1c), and this is just the coins. The lower dollar is 5 pounds. So I'm sitting at the counter trying to find 4 pounds and 89p (cents) and I took me forever to find it. Being that same confused foreigner asking me what a quarter was in the US.


Other than being confused all the time about British money, my mind wonders looking at every British person with bad teeth asking, "where's your tooth brush and dentist". These people teeth out here is horrible! I should of listened to you guys when you were trying to warn me because now I brush my teeth twice a day!


Hopefully I'm not boring you with my stories because I have so much to say! It's been a week and I haven't blogged and I feel like you've missed everything!


6 June 2011 was my first day of class. My teacher owns his own recording studio and is currently working with Renee Fleming. That just proves to you that "I am at the right place at the right time"! Being here was SUPPOSE to happen! We are required to write weekly e-journals about something music related, including prices and estimations. Then on top of e-journals, I have to write another bi-weekly journal for Berklee, write a Business plan, present one, and write a essay about my experience here in London. THAT IS SOOOOO MUCH FOR JUST 10 WEEKS!! Then I have to enjoy myself and travel outside London. All in 10 weeks? Impossible!! Okay, okay, I just said that I was suppose to be here and now I'm complaining right? I'm just saying.. But I do ask you to keep me in your prayers..


The next day was my first day at my intern. I work for an amazing company who puts on the main festivals here in London. Last weekend I was here for our first "Rave" but I didn't go because I decided to go out with my flatmates. That and I'm not your "rave" type of gal!


Going out with MOST of my flatmates was a shocker! This has never happened in history! We ended up going out to eat, ( I ate Lamb again ), meeting one of the boys who came with us, going to this random bar, a club called the IceBar, and this Club right around the corner from there! LONG, FUN & INTERESTING NIGHT!! I've realized that British guys have a thing for Americans. Keep in mind, I'm African American so that was a plus! The guys here are really aggressive! When you sit and they want to dance, you basically have to give them a story to why you don't want to or just walk away. Sometimes, I found myself being followed, and that  was a problem! I never had a problem going out and dancing by myself before, because they guys hated it here. I can finally check off "guys almost fighting over me[x]" from my list, because friends here apparently choose foreigners over long lasting friendship!


Going back to what I said earlier! I realized that nothing is worth loosing a friend over. And to that friend (they know who they are), I want to apologize for everything and say how much you mean to me!! I love you "Always and Forever"! We will work this out!!


Well friends, that was all and thank you for staying tuned to The Adventures of La'Shana! London edition! I hope you enjoyed once again!! PLEASE COMMENT ON HERE AND NOT ON FACEBOOK!! 


(If you look below, there are more pictures of my week!!)


LOVE YOU!!


x
(x=kiss)<--- When you text them, they leave this at the end of every message!


This is one of the things that I thought was really nice at the Victoria and Albert Museum. 


Me at St. Martin-in-the-Fields

Sorry, you can't really see me, but this was a BIG CHAIR!! If you're still looking for me, I am on the Right side!!! 

Me and my flatmates on the Embankment Bridge!
(Alyse, Xaan, Jessica, Hannah, Sarah, & Me)

Fish and Chips! (unseasoned fish and fries).. It wasn't that good!

At the IceBar! This club was really club! Surrounded by ICE!!

Me and the Lion!

Gordon Wine Bar! An underground Bar! 


FINALLY!! HOW MUCH MONEY IS THIS???
13.28 Pounds (about US $8)

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading your blog and I really enjoyed it. I am glad that you are enjoying your experience out there. It seems as if you are learning so much and that is a good thing. I hope that you continue to experience and discover new things during the remainder of your stay out there. Congrats to your sister for graduating. I'm sure you are very proud of her. I wanted to also say that whoever your friend is, I'm sure that they accept your apology and they feel the same way towards you. A&F x

    ReplyDelete