Monday 6 June 2011

S0METHING NEW .. MY NEW EXPERIENCE

For as long as I can remember, I used to think blogging was pretty lame. But somehow I was convinced that it's easier to keep everybody whose interested "up to date" with my life. This is my first blog so I apologize in advance for anything you may see. This may include my writing, spelling and my crazy stories. I am known to be the busy or late to everything person and its funny because it is always true! There is always something going on with my life, and I would love to share my experiences with you!

Right now I am currently in London for a six credit intern. This is the last thing I have to do before I am an official Berklee College of Music Alumni. I am a Music Business major focusing in the Entrepreneur Track and I play the piano. I am excited to see how my life will be from now on, but all I can do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

Being in London so far has already been an experience. I remember boarding my plane in Las Vegas. I was already amazed because my plane had two levels. Finally being in London and seeing how people dressed and acted, it automatically showed me the difference between Americans and British.
            
I’ve never had the experience having my own personal roommate who lives and sleeps in the same room as me. It’s funny because I never imagined rooming with the person I am with now. I’m just glad we are together, because we share a lot of similarities, which has already made being in London great.

            My first day in London was just the “pick your room and unpack day” for me. I finally found myself going to the grocery store with one of the other girls. At this point I felt a bit intimidated because she was younger than me and already knew what she wanted to do after graduation. Knowing this summer program is the only thing I need to graduate, my goal for the summer is to find out exactly what I want to do after I leave London. I will show all of my strengths, work really hard, and enjoy myself as well.

            I've only been in London for 5 days I have a lot of things to say. Being American, I’ve realized how much we are hated. It’s really sad because most of the stereotypes and rumors that I’ve heard about British people are so far so true (bad teeth, bad food, more informed on the world). But it makes me wonder what are the stereotypes about Americans? And are they true?

          No matter what happens, I am at the "time to experience new things" stage in my life. I want to travel, work on my music, and learn more about myself. I know my London experience will help me as well. 

 So far I have went on the Original Tour of London, where I saw the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, the National Gallery, Fleet Street, London Bridge, Tower Bridge and so much more. London is a very beautiful place!

            One thing that I do appreciate about being in London is the appreciation of Classical music. Being a classical pianist, it’s hard to find people who love classical music. Americans would rather sit down and go to a contemporary concert than a classical concert. I’ve also noticed how British people are interested in their history and support both the King and Queen. Unlike most Americans I know, if it isn’t the person they voted for in office, they have a list of negative things to say.
            
Other than that, today was my first day of class and I really enjoyed it. 
We discussed why London’s the way it is. Things such as the Major headquarters and Labels, West End (theatreland/broadway), the Queen, BBC, film music, publishing industries and so much more. I also learned that the copyright laws are so much different here than in the States. I’m excited to see and learn more things in the next 10 weeks.

Me (if you look closer to the right, is the London Bridge). It's not as big as I thought. =(


Me and my roommate in the London Eye


Everybody


Me behind the Buckingham Palace


Trooping of the Colour for the Queens Birthday. 
The Queens Birthday is in April but it is celebrated in June because the weather is better.


Me and my roomie on the Original London Tour


My room

No comments:

Post a Comment