Tuesday 26 July 2011

SECRET GARDEN PARTY 2011

Me & Jessica standing behind the Lake at the Secret Garden Party 2011

Hello again && WELCOME to my show! This is my time to vent, shine & act stupid in front of BILLIONS of readers (lol). Hope you are ready to read my experience at the Secret Garden Party! 


This year, I had the privilege to work and attend this amazing festival in Hungtindon, two hours away from London. You can't imagine how nervous and excited I was. My first festival, working and meeting over thousands of artists, hundreds of journalists and photographers - being over 25,000 people attending this special event. There were writers from BBC, Vogue Magazine, Times Magazine and so many more! 


The purpose of this festival was to bring everyone together for a great time. A time to be yourself, meet new people and BE FREE! There were no such thing as class here. No high, middle or low, because you're all the same. 


The music varied from Techno to Reggae, so if you loved music, you loved being here. Lots of live music everywhere! Trust me, I was in the zone!


As soon as I arrived, I was blown away! There was nothing but beautiful scenery, with art work EVERYWHERE. Venues everywhere with musicians performing every hour. This event proved how much I love music.


Where I stayed!

Finally unpacked my things and adjusted to where I was sleeping. Being at a 4-day festival, I had no choice but camp just like everybody else. Being a first time camper, I was really scared. But it wasn't that bad after all. I stayed in the Boutique area that cost over a thousand pounds with bedding. I know! Not really camping. But for me, it was perfect!

Inside my tent! My bed is on the right!

I was so happy to bring a sleeping bag! It was freezing outside! Luckily, the bed was very comfortable, I made everything work!


The Lake! Pretty init?

Working everyday, I finally got the chance to meet every company I  emailed the entire summer. Being overwhelmed a few times, I finally adjusted to the weather, sat back and enjoyed myself. Even during rainy days - people still danced and made the best of everything. I was really impressed! There were no issues to worry about. Everything was perfect!

Working in the Media Tent, we had the best view! Got the chance to meet and listen to local artists - it was mind blowing! The Big Stage was only a couple of feet in front in front of me, so I didn't have to worry about bring my glasses (lol). I saw artists such as Mystery Jets, Blondie, Leftfield, and Hall of Mirrors. 

WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!

The night life was even better! Venues were free, inviting everything with legs to come. I've met people from different backgrounds with the best stories. There is no other place this would of happened!

I can't really explain all the details about this festival because it was something you have to experience for yourself. Hope this was enough to know I really enjoyed myself! Here are some pictures of my week!

xx

What I saw from the Media Tent!

Jessica!!!

Me in my tent!

Pretty!!


Me and Jessica by the Media Tent

Me and Jessica after the Burning of the Fly!

Me and my IceCream! I don't play! Don't mess with me & my food!!

Me and Jessica looking like beautiful!

This was the best cupcake I've ever had!

Yeah! I was convinced to buy one!! lol

Guess who came to visit? Oasi

Look at all of the wristbands we had to wear!

I couldn't do this for 12 hours!!

Awwwww!!!

Couldn't say it better myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment